A bunch of these things have an option for Alaska-based folks to participate so please spread the word! Here is the quick list:
- Participating in Alaska Public Radio "Faces of Alaska" family genealogy project. Show will air 1/26 on KSKA and 1/27 & 1/29 on television
- Thursday evening, 1/27 I am giving a free informational talk about the Tour of Anchorage at REI. Come learn all my secrets - Tour fever is starting to spread throughout Anchorage!
- Saturday, 1/29 Kikkan and I are leading the third annual, Alaskan Fast and Female at Chugiak High School!
- Tuesday, February 1st Kikkan and I are the key note speakers for the Rotary event, "Pillars" at the downtown Sheraton. This is a luncheon for local high school students and tickets are available to the public as well.
- Saturday, February 5th I am offering TWO FREE SKATE SKIING CLINICS at Kincaid Park, compliments of one of my greatest sponsors, Rhyneer Clinic, Specialty Orthopedics. The clinic will feature both on-snow and inside sessions. I'll talk about my experience at the Olympics, injury prevention, and how you can make the most of your own skiing. A clinic t-shirt and refreshments are included!
Here are more details and links to all events:
Weds., Jan. 26
2:00 pm & 7:00 pm
on KSKA FM 91.1
Thu., Jan. 27
8:00 pm on KAKM
Channel 7 TV
Sat., Jan. 29
9:00 pm on KAKM
Get Ready for the Tour of Anchorage with Olympic Skier
Jan 27th at 6pm
"Pillars" is a program sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Anchorage. Every
year Rotary brings inspirational presenters to a luncheon for upwards of 500 high school
students. This year, Kikkan Randall and I are excited to be the key-note speakers. We will
talk about our individual paths to the Olympics, the value of teamwork, the importance of
healthy lifestyles, and encourage folks to pursue their dreams - and even find work in an area
of their lives that are important to them! This event is also open to the public. If you are
interested, it's February 1st at the downtown Sheraton Hotel. The event starts at noon and
tickets can be purchased at the door.
If you've been wanting some pointers on your skate technique
or know someone who does, please join me for this FREE
clinic, compliments of one of my generous sponsors, the
Rhyneer Clinic! Pre-registration is necessary but it's totally
FREE! I will offer two sessions on Saturday, February 5th.
Email email@example.com to register! Go to
http://rhyneerclinic.com/ to learn more about the clinic and
Dr. Rhyneer and his staff!